NRF announces the 2016 call for proposal of the "Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers".
The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers is designed to provide promising young foreign researchers
with opportunities to improve their knowledge and experience in the fields of science and technology,
while also conducting research activities in Korean universities and research laboratories.
Under the program, the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grants fellowships to foreign researchers to carry out
work/research as a staff member in an approved work program relevant to his/her specialization under Korean advisors.
◎ Eligible Countries (35)
- Algeria, Azerbaijan,
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia,
- Democratic Republic of the Congo,
- East Timor, Egypt, Ethiopia,
- Malaysia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar
- Nepal, Nigeria,
- Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland,
- Romania, Rwanda,
- Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sudan,
- Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia,
- Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan,
◎ Fellowships are awarded for a period of 6~12 months
◎ Each fellowship must begin from July 1 ~ August 31 2016.
※ After two months, the next candidate will have the opportunity automatically.
◎ Applicants should:
- Hold a Ph.D. degree and have some experiences in his/her field(science and technology).
※ The reciept of the degree should be no later than 25th may 2016(which is the deadline for this program).
- Be under the age of forty in the time for submitting the application(born after May 26, 1976).
- Be recommended by a nominating authority (Annex 3), in accordance with item 21 of the application form (Annex 1).
- Hold an invitation letter from a Korean Advisor in order to be recommended by the nominating authority.
- Have a good command of spoken and written English (or Korean language).
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
◎ The application must be submitted to NRF through the Korean host researcher.
Any applicant not recommended by the nominating authority and a Korean host researcher will not be accepted.
For further details, please refer to the "Program Announcement" attached in this notice.