"Under the aim to develop Korea’s academic capacity and human resources, the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) vows to strive for the furtherance of basic research with a focus on researchers and the people of Korea"
The NRF intends to set the direction of the nation’s basic and fundamental research across all academic disciplines, lead changes in future-oriented research ecosystems, and become a platform and facilitator of generating a consensus among universities, research institutes and researchers.
To achieve the goals outlined above,
- The NRF will create a research environment and culture where researchers can establish new and challenging research topics and freely engage in research in creative ways.
- The NRF will continue to optimize its working process to allow talented and passionate researchers have confidence in securing stable financial support through fair competition and predictable procedures.
- The NRF will respect honest research outcomes generated through intricate efforts and strive to fulfill its responsibility of explaining their significance to the public.
- The NRF will set forth a desirable direction in fostering future talent and enhancing university competencies, providing substantive support for these goals.
- The NRF will promote global cooperation and competition through international exchanges in the fields of academia and scientific technologies, with the goal of enhancing Korea’s research competitiveness to an international level.
The NRF will prepare for the coming future, with all employees sharing its goals of inspiring and astounding researchers and the public.
the National Research Foundation of Korea